Canada-European Union (EU) Information and Communications Technologies, National Contact Point
Defence Research and Development Canada is the Canada-European Union (EU) National Contact Point (NCP) for Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) of the European Union's Horizon 2020 Funding Programme. Our main goal is to assist in fostering collaborative research, development and innovation partnerships by ensuring that Canadians have the latest information.
The NCP provides personalized help and advice to researchers and organizations interested in participating in EU proposals, disseminate up-to-date information on upcoming calls for proposals for:
- Collaborative research projects;
- Information days;
- Conferences organized by the European Commission;
- Any other relevant communications.
Subscribe to the Canada Europe ICT research and development mailing list to receive the latest information on collaborative opportunities in ICT research, development and innovation available.
The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation launched Horizon 2020 January 2014 with the first call for proposals. It supports riskier research and innovation that will help to bridge the gap between research and the market by helping innovation enterprises turn technological breakthroughs into viable products with real commercial potential.
International cooperation will be an important cross-cutting priority of Horizon 2020, with being fully open to international participation.
Horizon 2020 will support the development of ICT in all three pillars:
- industrial leadership (LEIT); and
- societal challenges.
In particular, Horizon 2020 will support the development of:
- A new generation of components and systems including micro/nano-electronics and photonics technologies, components and embedded systems engineering;
- Next generation computing, advanced computing systems and technologies;
- Infrastructures, technologies and services for the future Internet;
- Content technologies and information management; and
- Advanced interfaces and robots and robotics and smart spaces.
Canada has an opportunity to partner as a participant under this program potentially furthering our innovation capacity, moving our technology and expertise into the global economy and increasing our economic growth.
If you have any questions on how to participate, contact your Canadian ICT NCP – Debbie Kemp at Debbie.Kemp@forces.gc.ca.
Ideal-ist is an international ICT partner search network, with more than 65,000 contacts in line with the international cooperation strategy of the European Commission. The network now includes 65 ICT national partners from:
- EU and Non-EU countries, such as associated states;
- Eastern European partner countries;
- Mediterranean partner countries;
- Emerging countries like China, Brazil, India, and South Africa;
- Third countries, such as Canada.
Ideal-ist offers a unique partner search capability where the content is reviewed and compared to the criteria set by the EU, as well as other services helping to ease participation in Horizon 2020.
The Ideal-ist partner search provides:
- A proactive search capability seeking out potential partners, rather than simply storing them in a database, waiting to be discovered by an online user.
- Targeted and call-specific Strategic Objectives of the ICT Theme.
- Support from an Idealist representative who can help formulate the search and ensure that searches reach the correct types of organizations.
- Work within specific vetted proposal ideas, rather than generally advertising research capability.
- Pre-publication supervision and review by a highly qualified team in order to help achieve successful outcomes.
Canada is an Associate Partner of the Ideal-ist project. This status will enable researchers or organizations to submit a partner search directly to the network. The partner search tool will assist in finding appropriate partners with the necessary skills and expertise to carry out project activities and achieve the expected results. Canada’s ICT NCP and Ideal-ist partner, will work with the quality control team to provide feedback and expertise to ensure your project relates to the current Call for Proposals.
Browse the Ideal-ist website and join the Ideal-ist network.
Regional Contact Points (your provincial representative)
Strategic Partnership Coordinator
Ministry of Economics of Innovation and Exports
418-691-5698 | ext. 3133
Senior Policy Advisor
Ontario Ministry of Research, Innovation & Science
Emerging Technologies Industries
Alberta Innovation & Advanced Education
Research & Knowledge Development
BC Ministry of Technology, Innovation & Citizens’ Services
For further information or if you have any questions contact:
Canada-EU ICT NCP
- Date modified: